Superheroes such as Superman, Batman, or Hulk grace the pages of these randomly selected comics sets, which include titles from the ’80s on
- 25 assorted DC comics titles
- 25 assorted Marvel titles
- 50 assorted DC comics and marvel titles (25 from each publisher)
DC Comics and Marvel Comic Book Bundles
Comic Book Bundles
- page-turning titles from two legendary comic-book publishers
- jump-start a collection or add to an existing library
- comics are randomly chosen
- publication dates of the chosen titles range from the 1980s to the present
- comics might feature superman, batman, spider-man, hulk, x-men, or Captain America
While most famous for its stable of legendary superheroes, among them spider-man, iron man, and that x-man that can type 1, 000 words per minute, Marvel comics’ devotees admire the brand for its willingness to address social and political issues through its characters and their stories. The comics giant was not always a critical voice in American cultural discourse, however, and its evolution into one began in fits and starts during the 1970s. as sean howe chronicles in “marvel comics: the untold story, ” a flood of young talent gradually propelled the publisher into the realm of social commentary by exploring topics from feminism to minority rights to patriotism to government corruption.
About DC Comics
In May 1939, comic book fans would greet a figure whose intense popularity has remained virtually unchanged to this day—Batman. Bearing a fluttering cape, an intimidating mask, and loads of techie gizmos, Batman soared over Gotham City in the pages of detective comics to defeat baddies left and right and become a major success. along with other smash hits like superman, green lantern, the flash, wonder woman, and many, many more, DC comics’ iconic characters have delighted fans in comic books and movies ever since. The superheroes entreat youngsters to root for hard-fought successes against evil forces and to delight in the complex, well-drawn mythologies and origin stories that made the heroes so beguiling to their first audiences, decades ago.