Calvin Klein Obsession for Women or Men; Assorted Sizes
Calvin Klein Obsession Eau de Parfum Spray for Women
- Top notes: green notes, mandarin orange, vanilla, peach, basil, bergamot, and lemon
- Middle notes: spices, coriander, sandalwood, orange blossom, jasmine, oakmoss, cedar, and rose
- Base notes: amber, musk, civet, vanilla, vetiver, and incense
- Bottle size: 3.4 fl. oz.
- Perfumer: Jean Guichard
- Launched in 1985
- FiFi Award: 1986 Fragrance of the Year, Women’s Prestige
Calvin Klein Obsession Eau de Toilette Spray for Men
- Top notes: tangerine, grapefruit, lime, and bergamot
- Middle notes: lavender, nut, coriander, cinnamon, carnation, jasmine, rose tree, and pine
- Base notes: patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, benzoin, vanilla, and amber
- Bottle size: 4 fl. oz.
- Perfumer: Bob Slattery
- Launched in 1986
- FiFi Award: 1987 Fragrance of the Year, Men’s Prestige
About Calvin Klein
After Marty crash lands in the 1950s in the 1985 flick Back to the Future, girls call him “Calvin,” thanks to his purple Calvin Klein briefs with their signature, designer-stamped waistband. One adoring girl breathes, “I’ve never seen purple underwear before.” Just three years before the movie, Calvin Klein underwear had premiered to a great uproar. Devotees stole ads from bus stations and demanded that stars like Marky Mark “drop trou” onstage to show off their Calvins. The designer gained notoriety for hypersuggestive commercials for everything from blue jeans to perfume, launching the careers of models like Brooke Shields and Kate Moss in the process. But what has kept his brand relevant for over 40 years is its classic, impeccably tailored clothing. Vogue writes, “Klein always understood that the modern shopper wanted easy, versatile, and interchangeable separates to wear anywhere.” He made clothes for strong, confident American women—women who didn’t have time to put together elaborate outfits every morning. “I’m not doing costumes,” he said. “I believe in classic clothes—not the faddishness that looks right this season and is dead the next.”
Aromatic or aquatic? Eau de toilette or eau de parfum? Check out our rundown of fragrance types and tips for wearing.