These men’s golf shoes feature a breathable textile upper, foam insole, and a power-transferring bounce midsole for walking comfort
Adidas Men’s Adicross Bounce Golf Shoes
- Men’s golf shoes
- Power-transferring bounce midsole enhances walking comfort and swing stability
- Breathable textile upper for added comfort and durability
- Forged upper for durability, lateral support, and stability in golf-specific areas
- Feature a cloudfoam insole
- Upper and lining: textile
- Midsole: Die-cut EVA midsole
- Non-marking Adiwear outsole
At age 20, athlete Adolf “Adi” Dassler set out to craft shoes that would help athletes reach their full potential and avoid injury. His timing was unfortunate: just after World War I, raw materials were scarce. Still, he managed to acquire enough canvas to construct his first pair. After only a few years, his footwear became wildly popular. In 1928, several athletes wore his shoes while competing, with one runner capturing a gold medal and setting a world record.
His real breakthrough came, however, at the 1954 World Cup championship game between Germany and Hungary—remembered in soccer lore as the Miracle of Bern. The field was a muddy swamp, and Dassler outfitted the long-shot German team with screw-in studs, and they won their country’s first World Cup. The studs marked a turning point for not only for Dassler’s company but also soccer teams and pristine grass fields around the world.