Print borderless photos directly from a smartphone or tablet, and turn paper clutter into digital files with this inkjet printer’s scanner
Canon PIXMA MX492 All-in-One Printer, Scanner, Copier, and Fax
The compact Canon PIXMA MX492 can print, copy, scan, and fax documents, all from a single perch on an office shelf or desk. It also eliminates the need for excess cords and cables, with built-in WiFi letting you print directly from your laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
Get More Done While Saving Space
Print a term paper, make copies of a schedule, and create digital backups of important paper documents, all from the same machine. This printer’s all-in-one functionality doesn’t just make it easier to get more done in one place, but it also saves valuable desktop real estate that would otherwise be occupied by other devices.
Print from Anywhere
Print documents and photos wirelessly from anywhere in your home or office thanks to built-in WiFi. With the printer connected to your local WiFi network, you can print from practically any other device on the network, including tablets, laptops, and smartphones.
High-Quality Images and Photos
This inkjet printer makes easy work out of printing photos and image-heavy documents. Equipped with 1,280 nozzles, it seamlessly blends ink to create smooth, vivid hues and clear pictures, including 4”x6” borderless photos on glossy, semi-gloss, and matte stock.
- Model number: MX492
- All-in-one printer, copier, and scanner
- WiFi: 802.11b/g/n
- Print speed (approx.): 8.8ipm (black); 4.4ipm (color)
- Max. print resolution: 600x600 dpi (black); 4,800x1,200 dpi (color)
- Max. scanning resolution: 600x1,200 dpi (optical); 19,200x19,200 dpi (interpolated); 600x600 dpi (ADF optical)
- Max. document size: 8.5”x11.7”; 8.5”x14” (ADF)
- Fax transmission speed (approx.): 3 seconds/page (black); 1 minute/page (color)
- Port: Hi-Speed USB
- Print options include AirPrint and Google Cloud Print
- OS compatibility: Windows 8, 8.1, 7, 7 SP1, Vista SP1, Vista SP2, XP SP3 (32-bit); Mac OS X v10.7.5–10.10
- Mobile OS compatibility: iOS, Android, Windows RT
- Supports XL ink cartridges
- Weight: 13lb.
- Product dimensions: 7.5”x17.2”x11.7”
- Condition: new
In the box: Canon MX492 printer, power cord, FINE ink cartridges, setup CD-ROM, telephone line cable, manuals, other documents
Nine years after its founding in 1937, Canon introduced the S II, the first camera to combine the viewfinder and rangefinder into a single window. As the company continued to roll out cameras and printers, including the first SLR camera with computer-controlled automation and a printer that fit in a briefcase, Canon’s inventions helped earn numerous Oscar and Emmy awards for its developments to lens and filming technology. The brand’s innovations have helped birth everything from the iconic EOS camera series to closed-circuit television systems used aboard space rockets.
Along the way, Canon has adhered to its corporate philosophy of Kyosei, defined as “all people, regardless of race, religion, or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future.” Canon supports the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children through fundraising and equipment supply, and the company prioritizes recycling and safe sustainability at all stages of its development and manufacturing process.