Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Cuisinart Compact 1.1-Liter Stainless Steel Deep Fryer (Refurbished)
- Model number: CDF-100FR
- Fry basket holds up to 3/4lb.
- Fast heat-up and frying
- Nonstick die-cast bowl with attached heating element
- Removable charcoal filter for odor removal
- Adjustable thermostat
- Maximum temperature: 375 degrees F
- Brushed stainless steel housing
- Maximum oil capacity: 1.1 liter
- Materials: stainless steel
- Care instructions
- Product condition: manufacturer refurbished
- Product dimensions: 11” (L) x 8” (W) x 8” (H)
After vacationing in France in the early 1970s, retired physicist Carl Sontheimer was inspired to go back to work. He’d seen a new gadget—a mechanized food processor for restaurants—and wanted to retool it for passionate home cooks like himself. His scaled down version of the machine was efficient and versatile, allowing users to mix eggs into puff pastry in as little as 15 seconds, as opposed to 15 minutes manually. Immediately, revered chefs including Julia Child, Jacques Pépin, and James Beard applauded the invention, and Beard even wrote an entire cookbook dedicated to the machine. Decades later, Cuisinart’s line of innovative products ranges from waffle makers and rice cookers to eco-friendly nonstick pans.