Flag, 1954 by Jasper Johns
Flag, 1954 by Jasper Johns is a Mounted Print. Elevating commonplace objects to the status of fine art, breakout artist Jasper Johns created a series of flag and target images that stunned the art world. Originally a commercial artist, Johns questioned and reinvented the premises of painting, and has explored screen-printing, photo reproductions, neon, metal, cross-hatch patterning, three-dimensional objects and literal renderings of items such as planks and faucets. Interested in the relationship between an image and its medium, Johns frequently revisits the same subjects using different techniques. The work of Jasper Johns profoundly influenced the development of the Pop, Minimal, Process, Conceptual and Performance Art movements in the United States and Europe. Wood mounting gives this piece of art a clean and contemporary look. Our craftsmen hand-mount the art print to a 3/8" solid backing board that's detailed with beveled edges and finished in black. Handcrafted in the USA. Mounting hardware is included.
- Flag, 1954 by Jasper Johns is a Mounted Print.
- 25H x 37W x 0.4D
- Your art is handcrafted in the USA and will arrive ready to hang with mounting hardware included.
- When cleaning your artwork, simply use a light feather duster or a damp cloth.
Flag, 1954 by Jasper Johns 25H x 37W x 0.4D
- Dimensions: 25.0 inches (H) x 0.4 inches (W) x 37.0 inches (L)
- Weight: 15.0 pounds
- Included in the box: Mounted Print
- Made in United States