Flaming June, c.1895 by Frederick Leighton
Flaming June, c.1895 by Frederick Leighton is a Mounted Print. Frederick Leighton (1830- 1896), whose historical and mythological artwork was influenced by the Nazarenes and the Italian Renaissance, was one of the top Victorian classical painters. Exceptionally hard-working and vastly skilled, Leighton was a painter, sculptor, illustrator and writer who fluently spoke five languages and believed that sincerity was the source of all achievement. Unlike most major 19th century artists, he did not study at the Royal Academy, but was its president for almost 20 years. His decision to shift from historical subjects to mythological ones fortuitously coincided with the public's interest in Greek culture, and solidified his popularity. Wood mounting gives this piece of art a clean and contemporary look. Our craftsmen hand-mount the art print to a 3/8" solid backing board that's detailed with beveled edges and finished in black. Handcrafted in the USA. Mounting hardware is included.
- Flaming June, c.1895 by Frederick Leighton is a Mounted Print.
- 27H x 27W x 0.4D
- Your art is handcrafted in the USA and will arrive ready to hang with mounting hardware included.
- When cleaning your artwork, simply use a light feather duster or a damp cloth.
Flaming June, c.1895 by Frederick Leighton 27H x 27W x 0.4D
- Dimensions: 27.0 inches (H) x 0.4 inches (W) x 27.0 inches (L)
- Weight: 15.0 pounds
- Included in the box: Mounted Print
- Made in United States