Guerlain Meteorite Powder Pearls
- Made to create soft, glowing skin
- Work to give the skin the right amount of light and correction
- Offer a violet fragrance
How To Use It
- Use brush to apply evenly to the entire face to fix makeup and improve hold
- For a greater boost of radiance, highlight the cheekbones and other prominent parts of the face
- For most skin tones
- Météorites: 1.02 oz.
- Light: 1 oz.
- Medium and Golden: 0.88 oz.
In 1828, Pierre-François-Pascal Guerlain opened a perfume shop in Paris. Behind his simple storefront, he began to dabble in perfume-making himself. By the 1850s, he was bottling custom fragrances for royalty, first creating the citrusy Eau Imperiale for Empress Eugenie, wife of Napoleon III, before formulating scents for Queen Isabelle of Spain, the Grand Duke Alexandrovich, and Sissi, the Empress of Austria. Queen Victoria wore “Jicky,” and 100 years later, so did Jackie O.
Today—five generations later—the company’s in-house “nose” continues to create new fragrances. They also introduced a line of skincare products and makeup. Vogue writes that the company “still, today, has all the elegant, exclusive cachet it had during the Second Empire.”