Night Mists by Montague Dawson
Night Mists by Montague Dawson is a Framed Giclee Print expertly set in a COVENTRY Black frame. Montague Dawson (1895- 1973), deemed King of the Clipper Ship School, was one of the greatest mariner artists of the 20th century. Growing up by the waters of Southampton in a seafaring family, he was comfortable with the water and used it as his main theme. Deftly portraying the interplay between sky, sea, and vessel in his portraits of tempest-tossed ships on the high seas, Dawson illustrated maritime battles for the Sphere during World Wars I and II. At the peak of his career, he was said to be the highest-paid painter aside from Picasso. This exceptional art print is created using a sophisticated printing process known as giclee, from the French word to spray. Using the highest levels of precision available, the process delivers a fine stream of ink to saturate the fibers of the watercolor paper, resulting in pure, rich color and remarkable detail. Museums and galleries around the world favor giclee prints. The high-quality paper (235 gsm) is acid free with a smooth surface resulting in vivid, pure color and exceptional detail. An acrylic coating protects the stunning print from dust, moisture and fading. Handcrafted in the USA. Mounting hardware is included.
- Night Mists by Montague Dawson is a Framed Giclee Print expertly set in a COVENTRY Black frame.
- 19in H x 23in W x1in D
- Your art is handcrafted in the USA and will arrive ready to hang with mounting hardware included.
- When cleaning your artwork, simply use a light feather duster or a damp cloth.
Night Mists by Montague Dawson Multi-color 19H x 23W x1D
- Dimensions: 19.0 inches (H) x 1.0 inches (W) x 23.0 inches (L)
- Weight: 10.0 pounds
- Included in the box: Framed Giclee Print
- Made in United States