Oakley Crosslink Eyeglass Frames
- Clear bark: 35mm (H) x 143mm (W)
- Gray smoke: 35mm (H) x 143mm (W)
- Satin black: 35mm (H) x 135mm (W)
- Clear black: 36mm (H) x 135mm (W)
- Clear: 55mm (H) x 137mm (W)
- Clear rootbeer: 36mm (H) x 134mm (W)
For the designers at Oakley, science and art are inseparable. They call it sculptural physics: the application of science to solve athletes’ problems, followed by the application of art to create beautiful products that athletes want to wear. Plutonite lenses, for example, look like they’re made of some mineral mined on Mars. But the attractive material serves a purpose, blocking up to 100% of the invisible UV rays that propel toward our delicate retinas at 186,000 miles per second. Such technology lets cyclists see further down the road, baseball players better track fly balls, and fishermen peer deeper into the water.