Best suited for the colder months, this floral fragrance was inspired by velvet evening dresses designed by Oscar de la Renta
Oscar de la Renta Oscar Velvet Eau de Parfum for Women (3.4 Fl. Oz.)
- Top notes: dewberry, black currant, litchi, pear, plum blossom, lotus
- Heart notes: jasmin, magnolia, orange blossom, arum lily, datura
- Base notes: amber, tonka bean, patchouli, black orchid, iris, vanilla
- Women’s eau de parfum fragrance
- Recommended for fall and winter
- Size: 3.4 fl. oz.
- Elongated purple flacon with a golden accent
- Introduced in: 2016
About Oscar de la Renta
Though he left his native Dominican Republic to study painting in Madrid, Oscar de la Renta became fascinated with a more tactile art form: fashion. Since 1965, the designer has dominated the world of haute couture, starting at the prestigious Balenciaga and eventually leading his own line of clothing, fragrance, accessories, and even house wares. His elegant, impeccably tailored designs draw inspiration from a bygone era of elegance, often featuring Latin-style silhouettes, ornate embroidery, and fur. In 1990, the CFDA gave him a Lifetime Achievement Award. His achievement wasn’t close to finished. Over the next two decades, he scooped up two more Designer of the Year Awards and, in 2013, a Founder’s Award.
Man or woman, perfume or cologne, learn how to select the right scent notes for professional, casual, and even romantic wear with this fragrance guide.
Too much and you'll clear the room. Too little and you've wasted a spritz. Hit the sweet spot with our guide on where and how to apply perfume.