White over Red by Mark Rothko
White over Red by Mark Rothko is a Mounted Print. Russian born Mark Rothko (1903- 1970) introduced Abstract Expressionism, a new form of Abstractionism, into the art world. Characterized by bright bands of horizontal colors painted on enormous canvases, Rothko's style was intended to engulf viewers in the artwork. Ambiguously named so that viewers could form their own impressions, he utilized a spare palette with the darkest shades placed at the top to symbolize the mental depression which plagued him. Rothko's masterful use of color powerfully conveyed an intimate, intense message without subject matter and adhered to his credo that a good painting must have a deep meaning rooted in concepts of mortality and spirituality. Wood mounting gives this piece of art a clean and contemporary look. Our craftsmen hand-mount the art print to a 3/8" solid backing board that's detailed with beveled edges and finished in black. Handcrafted in the USA. Mounting hardware is included.
- White over Red by Mark Rothko is a Mounted Print.
- 24H x 21W x 0.4D
- Your art is handcrafted in the USA and will arrive ready to hang with mounting hardware included.
- When cleaning your artwork, simply use a light feather duster or a damp cloth.
White over Red by Mark Rothko 24H x 21W x 0.4D
- Dimensions: 24.0 inches (H) x 0.4 inches (W) x 21.0 inches (L)
- Weight: 15.0 pounds
- Included in the box: Mounted Print
- Made in United States