Have used the larger chews before and when my pup chews them to a small size I have puffed them up in the microwave. Didn't expect such small pieces and close to half did not puff up even after 2 minutes in the microwave.
I loved the full size chews, so I thought I would try the nuggets. You can't give them to your dog because they are two small. I have rat terriers (20lb dog) You have to microwave them and they puff up. However, once puffed, they are not very dense and do not last long when given to the pet because they are now soft. If you are looking for a treat, they are great...but as a chew, not so much.