Dyson’s two best-known innovations—cyclone technology and ball maneuvering—maximize the cleaning power and versatility of this vacuum
Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Dyson DC50 Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Refurbished)
Works in Any Space
- Self-adjusting head automatically finds optimal contact with any flooring type
- Carbon fiber bristles remove fine dust from hard floors
- Instant-release wand for hard-to-reach corners
- On-board combination and stair tool
- Signature ball technology glides and turns better than traditional models
- 2-Tier Radial cyclone creates a powerful and reliable vortex of air
- Captures more microscopic dust than other types of suction
- No filter means no clogging or loss of power
- Quick and hygienic bin emptying
- Never needs a replacement bag or filter
- Product condition: refurbished
- Product dimensions: 41.9” (H) x 11.0” (W) x 13.9” (D)
- Weight: 11.6lb.
James Dyson never cared much what things are supposed to look like. A trained artist and architect, he turned to engineering while struggling with a wheelbarrow stuck in the mud. This could be better, he thought. He replaced its wheels with a ball and dubbed the playful-looking tool the ballbarrow. His career began in earnest when he passed a local timber yard and stopped to admire its giant cyclone as it pulled sawdust from the air. Fifteen years and more than 5,000 prototypes later, he created a vacuum cleaner with cyclone technology rather than unreliable suction. The machine won consumers with its performance, and wowed the design community with its unusual look.
Today, Dyson’s engineers follow their founder’s example: identify problematic tools and make them better. They design vacuum cleaners, fans, heaters, hand dryers, and other tools. Though seemingly basic, each gadget incorporates cutting-edge proprietary technology. Dyson carefully guards its engineering secrets behind speech-absorbing walls, thumb-print screeners, and lion statues that spring to life when they smell an intruder. They did allow the queen to visit for her Golden Jubilee, and they released some creations for display in New York’s MoMA, London’s Victoria and Albert Museum, and others around the world.
A straightforward look at what different vacuum types can do—and which type is best for your floors.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.