ESPN 30 for 30
To celebrate ESPN’s 30th anniversary on the air, the network developed a series of documentaries to tell stories of sporting events and personalities through the lens of pop culture. Prominent directors signed on, and some of the films have been shown at the Sundance, Toronto, Tribeca, and South by Southwest film festivals. Because of the series’s success, demand has been high for more than the original 30 films and ESPN continues to produce shorts and full-length stories.
Season 1, Vol. 2
- The final 15 films of season 1
- Full list of films
- Hours of bonus features
- Topics include:
- Michael Jordan’s decision to retire from basketball to play baseball
- The fierce rivalry between tennis players Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova
- NASCAR driver Tim Richmond’s high-flying personality and tragic AIDS diagnosis
- 2010 Peabody Award winner
- 2010 International Documentary Association’s “Distinguished Continuing Series”
- 2014 Emmy for Outstanding Short-Format Nonfiction Programs
- Format: DVD
- Number of discs: 6
- Run time: 1,000 minutes
- Rated: not rated
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.