Friday Night Lights: Season 1 on DVD
In the small Texan town of Dillon, football is king. Soon after the promising new head coach Eric Taylor moves to town, a horrible accident shakes the local high school’s team to the core, leaving the students, townspeople, and players dealing with difficult consequences.
Themes and Setting
- Set in rural Texas, the show was praised for its un-romanticized portrayal of small town life
- Using this all-American setting, the show tackled contemporary American issues such as racism, drugs, lack of economic opportunities, and more
- ”. . . shot like a documentary and features stark blacks and whites and a camera presence just removed from the immediate action, lending more authenticity and realness to the performances.” — Tim Goodman, SF Gate
- “This new drama about high school football could be great — and not just television great, but great in the way of a poem or painting, great in the way of art.” — Virginia Heffernan, The New York Times
- “The performances alone are worth tuning in to see, but watching the bits and pieces come together, and being swept up in the show’s powerful emotional pull, can be pure exhilaration.” — Tom Shales, The Washington Post
- Language: English (Dolby Digital 5.1)
- Subtitles: English
- Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
- Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
- Number of discs: 5 discs
- Rated: Not Rated
- Studio: Universal Studios
- Run-time: 955min.