Garmin Vívofit Fitness Band
It seems the more technology we amass, the less we get out and move. This low-profile fitness band uses technology to achieve the opposite—every feature on its easy-to-read screen is designed to urge you to boost your activity level. The device tracks its wearer’s activity 24/7, using an accelerometer to count steps, measure distance, and even monitor sleep. But it doesn’t just passively record exercise. It also gets to know your individual tendencies and uses that information to assign a personalized goal each day. As wearers meet their daily goals, the device slightly adjusts the goal for the next day to urge them toward an even healthier lifestyle and make it easier to decide on taking the stairs, going on an evening walk, or traveling by foot instead of by airline. But even a brisk workout won’t negate the health effects of long periods sitting still, which is why the Vívofit includes a red move bar that appears after one hour of inactivity—simply get up and walk around for a few minutes, and the move bar disappears.
- Fitness band tracks activity 24/7
- Learns your activity level and assigns a personalized daily goal
- Tracks steps, calories, and distance
- Monitors sleep
- Move bar appears after one hour of inactivity
- Customizable screens
- 1+ year battery life
- Water resistant
- Save, plan, and share progress online with Garmin connect
- Compatible with Garmin heart-rate monitors
- Syncs wirelessly via Bluetooth or USB ANT Stick (included)
- Stores up to three weeks of activity data between computer syncs
- Displays daily step count, goal countdown, distance, calories, time of day, and heart rate/heart rate zone (heart rate monitor not included)
- Requires two CR1632 coin cell batteries (included)
- Includes two bands: one 4.7”–6.9” x 120mm–175mm (small) and one 6”–8.3” x 152mm–210mm (large)
- Unit dimensions: 21mm x 10.5mm
- Display size: 25.5mm x 10mm
- Weight: 25.5g
- One-year limited warranty from Garmin
In the box: Vívofit, one large band, one small band, USB ANT stick, owner’s manual
“Ideas can come from anybody,” notes Min Kao. While sitting around a shabby card-table with fellow engineer Gary Burrell, the two formed the navigation company Garmin—a fusion of their first names—in 1989. Its goal was to take highly technical GPS technology and transform it into a product for the everyday consumer. These days, Garmin continues to hone their state-of-the-art navigation technology for cars, planes, boats, and wealthy meteors.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.
The Fine Print
Free returns. Does not ship to AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico. Most orders are delivered within 7 business days from the purchase date. Does not ship to PO boxes. See return policy. Must pay applicable tax and provide name and shipping address at checkout, which will be shared to facilitate shipping. How is the strike-through price determined?