Hanae Mori Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum for Men
- Top notes of citrus and lavender with a hint of nutmeg
- Floral heart notes of jasmine, iris, grassy notes of lily-of-the-valley, and Bulgarian rose
- Base notes of moss, cedar, tonka, vanilla, amber, and a gourmand touch of chocolate
- Oriental, woody fragrance for men
- Great for evening wear and formal events
- Size: 1.7 fl. oz. or 3.4 fl. oz.
- Flacon: simple, matte bottle with contrasting, silver accents
- Introduced in: 1997
About Hanae Mori
After opening her fashion house in Japan in 1951, Hanae Mori spent the next decade and a half concentrating on the booming film industry, for which she designed hundreds of costumes seen on the screen. By 1965, she was able to parlay this success to the runways of New York, and then to Paris, where she opened a showroom in 1977. Though her innovative silhouettes and trendsetting flight attendant uniforms for Japan Airlines—one iteration featured a miniskirt—brought her international fame, it’s her fragrances for which she’s now known. Launched in 1996, Butterfly’s lingering notes of vanilla have made it a mainstay of the fragrance world, its distinctive butterfly-shaped cap now synonymous with the groundbreaking designer.
Aromatic or aquatic? Eau de toilette or eau de parfum? Check out our rundown of fragrance types and tips for wearing.