Enormous collection brings together 31 Herbie Hancock albums recorded over a stunningly creative 16-year span
Herbie Hancock: The Complete Columbia Album Collection 1972–1988
The freewheeling, highly accessible tunes of Herbie Hancock flow with this gargantuan 31-album collection, which captures 16 fruitful years of the artist's long career. In the 34-CD set, platinum albums such as Head Hunters and Future Shock stand alongside rare works such as 8 albums previously only released in Japan and one album released only in a wild-eyed collector's imagination. In addition to the towering body of music included, music lovers get a 200-page book that includes an overview essay, album histories, an instrument glossary, and copious pictures.
- 16 years of inventive music from an all-time jazz great
- 31 LPs collected on 34 CDs
- Includes famous tracks such as "Cantaloupe Island" and "Rockit"
- Collects albums made for Columbia US and CBS Sony Japan
- Eight albums never before released outside Japan
- Soundtracks to Death Wish and 'Round Midnight
- 200-page book
- Contains rarities such as the only two piano trio sessions recorded with Hancock as a leader
- Track list