16GB of RAM and a swift dual-core processor help this laptop operate with a minimum of lag; 1TB hard drive holds countless projects
Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
HP 17.3” Notebook with Intel Core i5-7200U Processor, 16GB RAM, and 1TB Hard Drive (Refurbished, Grade-A)
Answer emails from your bed or video chat from the airport, thanks to this laptop’s speedy processor and wireless capabilities that allows you to hop on WiFi networks wherever you are. You’ll see everything you’re working on in vivid detail thanks to a screen with better than 720p HD quality.
An OS for the Modern Machine
Windows 10 pairs the flexibility of a traditional computer operating system with the intuitive layout of a mobile OS. A fast new web browser, the media- and app-filled Windows Store, and Cortana personal assistant come pre-installed, working together to help you easily navigate to what you’d like to see or do.
Video Chat with Anyone, Anywhere
A built-in webcam can make it feel like people miles away are in the room with you, helping you connect more clearly than with a phone call or email. Collaborate with colleagues in other offices, listen as your niece or nephew rapturously explains their finger painting, or laugh every time your friend’s cat walks across their keyboard.
Ample Storage Space
Download a season of your favorite TV show before heading on a long flight, or transfer work files to finish later at a cafe. Just a single terabyte (TB) can hold up to 250 DVD-quality films or 17,000 hours of music—enough to play your library nonstop for almost two years without ever repeating a song.
- Product number: W7D66UA
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home 64
- Preloaded apps: Netflix, Dropbox, CyberLink Power Media Player, and CyberLink PowerDirector
- Screen: 17.3” diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit
- Resolution: 1600x900
- Processor: 2.5GHz Intel Core i5-7200U dual-core
- Graphics processor: Intel HD Graphics 620 Integrated
- RAM: 16GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM
- Storage: 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA
- Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner
- Memory-card slot: microSD media card reader
- Webcam: HP TrueVision HD Webcam (front-facing) with integrated digital microphone
- Audio: DTS Studio Sound with 2 speakers
- WiFi: 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1, 2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45, and 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Battery: 4-cell, 41 Wh Li-ion
- Weight: 5.93lb.
- Product dimensions: 10.98”x0.98”x16.41”
- Condition: Refurbished, Grade-A
- 90 Days warranty from HP
When iconic company HP was born in 1939, it was not in a gleaming laboratory or during a late-night study session at a prestigious university. It was in a 12’x18’ garage that contained only a workbench and a used drill press. University friends Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard sold audio equipment to Disney (which used it during Fantasia production) and became HP soon after. Their humble garage is now marked with a plaque bearing the title “Birthplace of Silicon Valley.”
HP’s innovations laid the groundwork for the Valley’s surge in technological advances. Between the creation of the first handheld computer, which connected to printers and cassette drives, and development of speedier 64-bit processing technology currently used by brands like Apple and Microsoft, HP cemented itself as an architect of current tech trends like the tablet and smartphone. It’s a community-conscious company, too; HP has donated to charity since 1940 and offers free recycling for all electronics, regardless of brand, at Staples.