- Training net
- Four turf stakes
- Tie-down ropes
Adidas Training Net
- Allows soccer players to hone their skills without having to round up a goalie and full-size net
- Ideal for improving ball control and handling
- Also suited for tennis or badminton practice
- Made of lightweight, durable mesh
- Can be set to adjustable heights if used with adidas agility poles
- Dimensions: 8”x8”x9”
At age 20, athlete Adolf “Adi” Dassler set out to craft shoes that would help athletes reach their full potential and avoid injury. His timing was unfortunate: just after World War I, raw materials were scarce. Still, he managed to acquire enough canvas to construct his first pair. After only a few years, his footwear became wildly popular. In 1928, several athletes wore his shoes while competing, with one runner capturing a gold medal and setting a world record.
His real breakthrough came, however, at the 1954 World Cup championship game between Germany and Hungary—remembered in soccer lore as the Miracle of Bern. The field was a muddy swamp, and Dassler outfitted the long-shot German team with screw-in studs, and they won their country’s first World Cup. The studs marked a turning point for not only for Dassler’s company but also soccer teams and pristine grass fields around the world.