Ingrid Michaelson "Lights Out" CD
Ingrid Michaelson's fifth studio album "Lights Out" marks the chanteuse's transformation from bright young thing to thoughtful musical icon. The album's first single "Girls Chase Boys" features what the Washington Post described as "catchy gang vocals and an anthem-ready chorus", but it comes with a deeper message. The lyrics' ultimate meaning, Michaelson reports on her Facebook page, is that "no matter who or how we love, we are all the same." Other tracks, such as "Handsome Hands" and "Wonderful Unknown", ponder mortality and growing old—themes that transform the album title into a metaphor for letting go.
- Fifth studio album
- More experimental sound
- Thoughtful meditation on mortality and long-term love
- Single "Girls Chase Boys" and viral music video
- Features duets with artists including Mat Kearney
- Released April 15, the same day as the IRS' attack dogs
- Home (4:24)
- Girls Chase Boys (3:41)
- Wonderful Unknown (feat. Greg Laswell) (5:01)
- You Got Me (feat. Storyman) (3:13)
- Warpath (2:27)
- Handsome Hands (3:36)
- Time Machine (3:32)
- One Night Town (feat. Mat Kearney) (3:14)
- Open Hands (feat. Trent Dabbs) (4:06)
- Ready to Lose (feat. Trent Dabbs) (3:33)
- Stick (3:35)
- Afterlife (4:04)
- Over You (feat. A Great Big World) (4:43)
- Everyone Is Gonna Love Me Now (5:17)
How to get your goods: by purchasing this Groupon and providing your name and shipping address, your order is complete!
For questions pertaining to this deal, please visit the deal Q&A on this page. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer service.
View the Groupon Goods FAQ for additional information.
The Fine Print
Limit 5 per person. Free returns. Does not ship to AK/HI/Canada/Puerto Rico. Most orders are delivered within 7 business days from the purchase date. Does not ship to PO boxes. See return policy. Must pay applicable tax and provide name and shipping address at checkout, which will be shared to facilitate shipping. Goods sold by Groupon Goods. How is the strike-through price determined?