Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
HP 15.6” Laptop with 2.4GHz AMD A10-9600P Processor (Manufacturer Refurbished)
With a snappy quad-core processor for smooth, lag-free multitasking and a 1TB hard drive to store all of your projects, this laptop makes a valuable tool for the business-minded user. But it’s not just designed for work—it comes equipped with a vibrant HD display and a dedicated graphics card that make movies, cat videos, and games look sharp and immersive.
An OS for the Modern Machine
Windows 10 pairs the flexibility of a traditional computer operating system with the intuitive layout of a mobile OS. A fast new web browser, the media- and app-filled Windows Store, and Cortana personal assistant come pre-installed, working together to help you easily navigate to what you’d like to see or do.
Stream shows, catch the latest movie trailers, or explore an online video game’s vivid fantasyland in crisp, clear detail. Saturated with about 1 million pixels, the display produces image quality similar to what you’d see on an HDTV with 720p HD resolution. Such sharpness and clarity also make the text on your favorite news and social-media sites clear and easy to read.
Ample Storage Space
Download a season of your favorite TV show before heading on a long flight, or transfer work files to finish later at a cafe. Just a single terabyte (TB) can hold up to 250 DVD-quality films or 17,000 hours of music—enough to play your library nonstop for almost two years without ever repeating a song.
Video Chat with Anyone, Anywhere
A built-in webcam can make it feel like people miles away are in the room with you, helping you connect more clearly than with a phone call or email. Collaborate with colleagues in other offices, listen as your niece or nephew rapturously explains their finger painting, or laugh every time your friend’s cat walks across their keyboard.
- Product number: 15-ba037cl
- Operating system: Windows 10 Home
- Screen: 15.6” SVA BrightView WLED-backlit
- Resolution: 1366x768
- Processor: 2.4GHz 7th generation AMD A10-9600P quad-core (burst frequency up to 3.3GHz)
- Graphics processor: discrete AMD Radeon R5 Graphics with up to 4,335 MB total graphics memory
- RAM: 8GB DDR3L SDRAM
- Storage: 1TB 5,400RPM Serial ATA hard drive
- Optical drive: SuperMulti DVD burner
- Memory-card slot: multi-format digital media card reader
- Webcam: HP TrueVision HD webcam with integrated digital microphone
- Audio: DTS Studio Sound with dual speakers
- WiFi: 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: yes
- Ports: 1 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, 1 RJ-45, 1 headphone/microphone combo
- Battery: 3-cell 31WHr 2.8Ah lithium-ion battery
- Battery life: up to 5 hours and 30 minutes
- Weight: 4.73lb.
- Product dimensions: 15.12” (W) x 10.02” (D) x 0.95” (H)
- Condition: manufacturer refurbished
- 1-year warranty from HP
When iconic company HP was born in 1939, it was not in a gleaming laboratory or during a late-night study session at a prestigious university. It was in a 12’x18’ garage that contained only a workbench and a used drill press. University friends Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard sold audio equipment to Disney (which used it during Fantasia production) and became HP soon after. Their humble garage is now marked with a plaque bearing the title “Birthplace of Silicon Valley.”
HP’s innovations laid the groundwork for the Valley’s surge in technological advances. Between the creation of the first handheld computer, which connected to printers and cassette drives, and development of speedier 64-bit processing technology currently used by brands like Apple and Microsoft, HP cemented itself as an architect of current tech trends like the tablet and smartphone. It’s a community-conscious company, too; HP has donated to charity since 1940 and offers free recycling for all electronics, regardless of brand, at Staples.