ESRB Rating Mature: Content is generally suitable for ages 17 and up. Contains blood and gore, intense violence, and strong language.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
The Metal Gear Solid series is known for its intricate stories and its patient stealth mechanics, but this explosive title moves at warp speed. As the superhuman cyborg Raiden, players use a high-frequency sword to slice foes into ribbons, performing expertly timed counters that trigger special slo-mo strikes. Built by the action savants at PlatinumGames (makers of Bayonetta), the game’s combat system is a showcase for spectacular, fluid attacks. The “zandatsu” mechanic allows players to freeze time and cut apart virtually anything in the game’s world, including robots, bosses, and innocent lampposts.
- Precise, fast-paced action set in the world of Metal Gear Solid
- String together devastating combos and counter-based attacks
- Take on cyborgs and towering robots
- Created by action specialists PlatinumGames in collaboration with Kojima Productions
- Set after the events of Metal Gear Solid 4
- “Zandatsu” cutting mechanic allows players to slice through everything in slow-motion