- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12” tablet with Intel Core i5-4300U processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB solid-state drive, and Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12” tablet with Intel Core i7-4650U processor, 8GB RAM, 256GB solid-state drive, and Windows 10.1
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12” tablet with Intel Core i7-4650U processor, 8GB RAM, 512GB solid-state drive, and Windows 10.1
Any price comparison is to a new, nonrefurbished product price.
Microsoft Surface Pro 3 12” Tablet (Manufacturer Refurbished)
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 may have the body of a sleek tablet, but it possesses the computing power of a laptop. Its slender, lightweight frame houses hardware that is typically found in laptops, including an Intel dual-core processor and a solid-state drive that launches apps in mere seconds.
Powerful, Laptop-Quality Performance
As you switch from scrolling through your social media feeds to checking your email to watching YouTube videos, the tablet’s Intel processor balances the workload between its two independent cores to ensure smooth, fluid performance. The tablet also runs the Windows 8.1 or 10.1 operating system, which are both optimized for use with both tablets and laptops.
Vivid Images with FHD+
Not only does this screen provide plenty of space for watching video and surfing the Web; it also renders images with finer detail than many HDTVs. A 2160x1440 FHD+ resolution stuffs the display with more than 3.1 million pixels—nearly four times the number of a 720p HDTV—to make photos, movies, and games pop with rich color and detail.
Dual-Band WiFi: Play and Stream Without Lag
If you play a lot of data-intensive online games or stream online video for hours on end, dual-band WiFi ensures you can connect to the fastest available network. While most internet networks operate on the congested 2.4GHz band, dual-band WiFi also lets you connect to networks operating on the more modern 5GHz band, which provides more bandwidth for faster app downloads and smoother video streams.
- Product number: Surface Pro 3
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.1
- Screen: 12” ClearType touchscreen display
- Resolution: 2160x1440
- Processor: 1.9GHz Intel Core i5-4300U dual-core or 1.7GHz Intel Core i7-4650U dual-core
- RAM: 4GB or 8GB
- Graphics processor: integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Storage: 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive (SSD)
- Memory-card slot: microSD
- Front camera: yes
- Rear camera: yes
- Audio: built-in speakers with Dolby Audio, front and rear microphones
- WiFi: 802.11ac
- Bluetooth: 4.0
- Cellular data: no
- Ports: 1 USB 3.0, 1 Mini DisplayPort, 1 headphone
- Weight: 1.76lb.
- Product dimensions: 11.5” (W) x 7.93” (D) x 0.36” (H)
- Condition: manufacturer refurbished
- 1 Years warranty from Microsoft
Microsoft has come a long way since 1975, when Paul Allen and Bill Gates set up shop as “Micro-Soft” in Albuquerque, NM, right next to a vacuum cleaner store. Today, the world’s leading productivity company counts more than 110,000 employees worldwide, and produces acclaimed products ranging from the ubiquitous Windows operating system and Office productivity software to Xbox game consoles. Across all its subsidiaries, Microsoft strives to be both diverse and innovative, following its mission to “empower every person and every organization on the planet.”
Before you buy a tablet, we'll help you pinpoint the best size, specs, and accessories for your needs, whether it's for work, kids, or gaming.
Can't decide between an iPad, Surface, or Android? Take our four-question quiz. We'll guide you to the tablet you should buy, based on your needs.