Movado Women’s Bellina Motion Smartwatch
- Case dimensions: 39mm x 10mm
- Watch band color: silver or silver and gold
- Dial color: white MOP
- Movement type: Swiss parts quartz
- Band dimensions: 20mm x 8.5”
- Water resistance: 100m
- Clasp type: deployment
- Case & bezel material: stainless steel
- Watch band material: stainless steel
The name a 19-year-old Swiss entrepreneur gave his fledgling company—Movado—had a carefully considered meaning: always in motion, like time, the hands of a clock, and presumably the young innovator himself. He began the company in 1881 with just six watchmakers and one genie, which always knew the exact time. A zeal for design elevated them from the competition. In the ’40s, artist Nathan George Horwitt created the iconic Museum watch, which featured a single dot at the top of a bare dial. Today, Movado watches are housed in museum collections around the world, and the brand holds over 100 patents on watch technology and design.
From quartz movement to luminous hands, we break down what makes a watch tick—and why you should get one.