- Blooming Periods: n/a
- Care Instructions: n/a
- Recommended US Region: na
- Size: n/a
Strelitzia Reginae - Live Plant
This auction is for one (1) Bird of Paradise - Strelitzia reginae starter plant.
Bird-of-paradise or crane flower (Strelitzia reginae) is a native of South Africa and is closely related to the banana. The herbaceous plant derives its common names from the unique flower it bears, which resembles a brightly colored bird in flight. The leathery leaves are held upright on stiff leafstalks and are about 6 inches wide and 18 inches long. The plant forms a 3- to 5-foot-tall clump that can be used as a focal point in the landscape or in mass plantings. The evergreen leaves of bird-of-paradise do not drop from the plant, which makes it an excellent addition around pools or wherever shedding leaves are an aesthetic and/or maintenance problem. In colder climates, Bird of Paradise can be used as a houseplant.
These 8"+ plants come in 2.5" x 2.5" x 3.5" deep pots.
The plant will tolerate temperatures as low as 24°F for a short time; however, freezing temperatures will damage developing flower buds and flowers. Does best in moist, well-draining soil. Flowers and foliage slightly larger in partial shade. Space 6' apart. Soil pH 5.5-7.5; Zone 9-12.
Strelitzia Reginae - Live Plant n/a
- Outdoor Plant Annual or Perennial: Perennial
- Outdoor Plant Blooming Periods: n/a
- Outdoor Plant Care/Planting Instructions: n/a
- Outdoor Plant Estimated Height when Fully Grown: n/a
- Sunlight Exposure: Full Sun
- Outdoor Plant Recommended US Region for Planting: na
- Dimensions: 10.0 inches (H) x 10.0 inches (W) x 10.0 inches (L)
- Weight: 10.0 ounces
- Made in China
The Fine Print
Offer is not eligible for our promo codes or other discounts.