Nike Lunar Swingtip Men’s Spikeless Golf Shoes
- Navy and white street-style golf sneakers
- Great to wear when you’re on your feet for long stretches, both on and off the course
- Lightweight, comfortable canvas upper
- Integrated, weight-activated traction-control spikeless sole offers a secure stance and can be worn anywhere
- Full-length Lunarlon sockliner provides cushioned support
- Width: medium
- Fit: true to size
In the 1950s, nationally respected track and field coach Bill Bowerman experimented endlessly to find competitive edges for his athletes at the University of Oregon. When footwear companies ignored his innovations, he began to cobble shoes on his own. Soon one of his runners, Phil Knight, joined his efforts, and their first label, Blue Ribbon Sports, was born. Through the 1960s, the brand steadily gained popularity until they were able to upgrade from selling the shoes out of the back of a Plymouth to opening their first retail store in Santa Monica.
A short time later, they changed their company’s name to Nike and adopted the legendary “Swoosh” insignia, replacing their former logo of a man running away from a diving falcon. One of the earliest pairs of Nike shoes gained fame thanks to waffle-style traction nubs on the outsole, an innovation inspired by Bowerman’s waffle iron; today, almost all running shoes use this design. With this and other performance-enhancing designs, as well as endorsements from the greatest athletes of the day, Nike separated itself from competitors.