Prada Candy Florale Eau de Toilette for Women (2.7 Fl. Oz.)
- Floral, powdery women’s fragrance
- Aims to evoke a bouquet of flowers in an Italian ice cream shop
- Created by perfumer Daniela (Roche) Andrier
- Launched in 2014
- Top note: limoncello sorbet
- Heart note: peony
- Base notes: benzoin, musk, caramel, and honey
- ”…a light, fresh, girly-but-office-friendly floral for summer.” — Now Smell This
- Design house: Prada
- 2.7 fl. oz. eau de toilette spray
In 1977, Miuccia Prada reluctantly gave up her dream of becoming a mime to take over her grandfather’s luggage shop. Founded in 1913, the Milanese shop was known for solid, heavy luggage that was so well thought of the Italian royal household granted Prada the use of its coat of arms. But the traditional trunks and bags were losing traction with the modern shopper.
Miuccia designed a breakthrough product: a black nylon backpack, decorated only with an inverted triangle etched with the brand’s name. The bag took off. Vogue writes, “the chic, stealth-status bags were seen slung over every fashionista’s shoulder.” Rapidly, Prada transformed into an international fashion force. Runway shows sparked industry trends, from avant-garde materials to daring color schemes. Though her chic, bold styles evolve with the seasons, Bloomingdale’s Kal Ruttenstein said, “Prada is totally monumental. She leads everyone.”
Aromatic or aquatic? Eau de toilette or eau de parfum? Check out our rundown of fragrance types and tips for wearing.