Singin’ In The Rain: 60th Anniversary Collector’s Edition Blu-Ray and DVD Combo
Critically-acclaimed Singin’ In The Rain is a light-hearted musical that tells the story of silent film star Don Lockwood as Hollywood makes the switch from silent films to movies with sound.
- Gene Kelly as Don Lockwood, a popular silent film star
- Donald O’Connor as Cosmo Brown, Don’s best friend
- Debbie Reynolds as Kathy Selden, a struggling, but spunky stage actress and Don’s love interest
- The only two original songs written for the film were ““Make ‘Em Laugh” and “Moses;” the others were all recycled songs written two decades earlier by producer Arthur Freed
- The choreography of Singin’ In The Rain was extremely difficult; Debbie Reynolds once said, “the two hardest things I ever did in my life are childbirth and Singin’ in the Rain’”
- It was also expensive; the movie cost $2.5 million, which was more than $600,000 over budget
- On the American Film Institute’s 100 years…100 movies (10th Anniversary Edition), which listed the 100 greatest American films of all time, Singin’ In the Rain was ranked fifth
- Singin’ In The Rain has also been adapted for the stage, with a plot that follows closely to the movie
- The musical’s titular dance sequence has been parodied a number of times in pop culture, including in Broadway musical Spamalot and movie blockbuster Shanghai Knights
- Combo pack includes DVDs and Blu-Rays
- Rating: G
- Language: English, Spanish, or French
- Subtitles: English, French, or Spanish
- Aspect ratio: 1.37:1
- Number of discs: 3
- Total run time: 103min.
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.