A lot has changed for Taylor Swift since she released her debut album in 2006. Over the course of the last 9 years, she’s transformed from a shy teenage country singer into the reigning princess of pop music. Packed with hits like “Shake It Off,” “Bad Blood,” and “Blank Space,” 1989’s heart-pounding choruses and clever, emotional lyrics showcase a pop singer/songwriter at the top of her game.
- 1989 derives its title from the year Swift was born because many of its songs are inspired by the pop music of the 1980s.
- Swift cited producer Max Martin, the band Fine Young Cannibals, her journal, and New York City as the major influences of this album.
- Several of the songs, including “Style” and “Out of the Woods,” are widely believed to be about Swift’s relationship with One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles.
- “Deeply weird, feverishly emotional, wildly enthusiastic, 1989 sounds exactly like Taylor Swift, even when it sounds like nothing she’s ever tried before.” - Rolling Stone
- ”…deals in undeniable melodies and huge, perfectly turned choruses and nagging hooks. Its sound is a lovingly done reboot of…late 80s MTV pop-rock…” -The Guardian
- On two vinyl albums
- Released by Big Machine
- Welcome To New York
- Blank Space
- Out Of The Woods
- All You Had To Do Was Stay
- Shake It Off
- I Wish You Would
- Bad Blood
- Wildest Dreams
- How You Get The Girl
- This Love
- I Know Places
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.
The Fine Print
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.