“The World’s Most Valuable Coin” Double-Eagle Gold Coin Replica
What It Is
A replica of 1933 Saint-Gaudens $20 Double Eagle gold coin, of which one is in circulation; it sold for nearly $7.6 million in July 2002.
Why Just One Coin?
- Nearly 450,000 were made originally by the US Mint, but before they could be released…
- President Franklin Roosevelt issued an order keeping gold coins from circulation
- Nearly all original coins were melted down, but a few snuck into circulation
- King Farouk of Egypt wound up with the only legally circulated coin
Good to Know
- Replica of original design
- 34mm in diameter
- Comes with protective case
- Story of the original coin included
For questions pertaining to this deal, click the Ask a Question button below. For post-purchase inquiries, please contact Groupon customer support.
Goods sold by Groupon Goods. View the Groupon Goods FAQ to learn more.
The Fine Print
All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.