Simple laziness has spurred many culinary inventions, including the sandwich, the blender, and the pizza, which was invented as a way to wheel heavy ingredients from place to place. Transport your palate with today’s Groupon for seafood and Italian fare during dinner at Gianni’s Italian Bistro and The Angry Mallet in Arbutus. Choose between the following options:
- For $29, you get dinner and wine for two (up to a $66.95 total value), which includes:
- One appetizer (up to a $12.99 value)
- Two entrees (up to a $21.99 value each)
Two half glasses of house wine (a $4.99 value each)
- For $55, you get dinner and wine for four (up to a $133.90 total value), which includes:
- Two appetizers (up to a $12.99 value each)
- Four entrees (up to a $21.99 value each)
- Four half glasses of house wine (a $4.99 value each)
This Groupon is valid at both Gianni’s Italian Bistro and The Angry Mallet; customers can order items from both menus on either side of the restaurant.
A hybrid establishment serving both homemade pastas and fresh seafood, Gianni’s Italian Bistro and The Angry Mallet placate a wide range of cravings. Among appetizers, crab toast delivers jumbo-lump meat and imperial sauce to mouth shores by way of edible baguette canoes. Diners can peruse hearty entrees such as the crab imperial, which towers with jumbo shrimp and crab meat in a rich sauce, or sample a variety of boneless chicken breasts that don creamy sauces and crisp breading to become buttery Florentine or tangy parmigiana dishes. Seasoned chefs prepare authentic pastas, such as spaghetti with capers, olives, and anchovies or linguine in a homemade pesto-cream sauce, which can be twirled onto a fork or toppled onto the table for a floppy game of pick-up sticks.