Italian markets provide a taste of variety for everyone not lucky enough to travel frequently or secretly live in the United Nations food court. Have a far-flung feast with this Groupon.
- $25 for a summer barbecue package (a $50 value)
- Four 5-ounce filet mignons
- Four quarter-pound sirloin patties
- Four 6-inch sausages—choice of tomato, garlic, basil, and romano cheese; broccoli rabe, romano cheese, salt, and pepper; or chicken with broccoli, onions, and peppers
- Four beef or chicken kabobs with onions, tomatoes, and peppers
- 2 pounds of salad—choice of macaroni salad, potato salad, or coleslaw<p>
Gino's Italian Market
In 1954, Gino's Italian Market's founder, Anthony Paparella, moved from the teeming fisheries of Bari to Hoboken, New Jersey, where he married a fellow Italian and worked as a builder for nearly 20 years. After retiring to South Florida in '73, Paparella brought a taste of his homeland stateside by opening a bustling bazaar filled with fresh produce, succulent meats, and sweet desserts.
The market's commitment to tradition and family can be found in all of its business practices, from its catered feasts of traditional baked pastas and rib roasts, to e-mail correspondences from the resident Nonna that contain expert advice on party planning, recipes, and optimal angles for cheek-pinching. Shoppers consult Nonna Anna and handy recipe guides to concoct rich sauces and tasty entrees from the store's bountiful selection of cheese, wine, ripe tomatoes, and imported Italian goods.
In addition to rounding out dinner plates with house-made prosciutto bread, fresh chicken, and juicy cuts of beef, Gino's graces weddings, desserts, and banquets with custom cakes and pastries.