Food and wine tastings allow people to diversify their palates in one day, a feat previously attainable only by cramming five frozen dinners and a variety pack of juice boxes into a blender. Savor expanding horizons with today’s Groupon to Gitan Bistro Cru. Choose from the following options:
- For $20, you get a wine-tasting class for one plus a $10 gift certificate to Gitan (a $40 value). Classes are held on Sunday from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.<p>
- For $35, you get a wine tasting class for two plus a $20 gift certificate to Gitan (an $80 value). Classes are held every Sunday from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.<p>
- For $75, you get a wine gift basket (a $150 total value), which includes the following:
- Three bottles of wine (a $25 value each)
- Wine accessories (a $50 value)
- $25 in gift certificates to Gitan<p>
- For $500, you get a private wine party or mixology party for up to 20 people (a $60 value/person; up to a $1,200 value).<p>
The experienced sommeliers at Gitan Bistro Cru expand palates with in-depth wine classes, wine gift baskets, and private tasting parties. Visitors gather in groups of no more than 12 to absorb knowledge of six to eight different wines in a themed style such as An In-Depth Exploration of French Wines or Pinot Noir from Around the World. Fresh baguette and a selection of cheeses flank glasses of wine to help reset palates or instigate elegant food fights. After class, students can use their gift card for lunch at Gitan Bistro Cru’s restaurant, sampling from a menu of tapas and French-Lebanese-inspired fare expertly prepared by chef Pauline Guiragoss. Otherwise, festive gift baskets float down chimneys just in time for the holidays or self proclaimed Wine Wednesdays, filled with three bottles of wine, various vino accessories, and a $25 gift certificate to be used in the eatery.
Gitan Bistro Cru also gathers groups for customized private parties, be they wine-centric or cocktail-oriented gatherings. During wine parties, crowds of up to 20 nibble on various tapas and cheeses as they sip on six flights of wine, all hosted by a private sommelier who caters to every oenological whim and referees any freestyle grape stomping competitions. Alternatively, spirits enthusiasts can choose a mixology party during which an expert cocktail creator will walk them through the steps necessary to create six different libations of their choice.
Gitan Bistro Cru
Gitan Bistro Cru has the personality of a romantic neighborhood gathering spot, plus the food and drink to match, making it a great destination for dates. Its wood floors and mustard-colored walls envelop visitors, who stop by to fill up on the restaurant's French- and Lebanese-inspired dishes. The menu features sandwiches, soups, and a roster of Lebanese-style small plates, including hummus accompanied by warm pita bread. From behind the bar, servers dish out specialty cocktails, as well as rare, hard-to-find wines.