What You'll Get
- $17.50 for one G-Pass to 1065 The End’s Big Fat Birthday Bash featuring CAKE, New Politics, Big Data, & Flagship (up to $35.25 value)
- When: Saturday, June 6, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Uptown Amphitheatre
- General-admission lawn
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
1065 The End’s Big Fat Birthday Bash
- CAKE’s sound: alt-rock that’s frosting-thick with humor and angular guitars, all made instantly recognizable thanks to John McCrea’s deadpan vocals
- They’re going: “The Distance,” their breakout 1996 hit that went on to become an unlikely sports anthem
- Where they are: “Never There,”another massive hit, characterized by an unconventional use of mariachi trumpet
- Other Cake tracks likely to get stuck in one’s head: “Short Skirt/Long Jacket,” “Sheep Go to Heaven,” and their one-of-a-kind take on Gloria Gaynor’s “I Will Survive”
- Their earth-friendliest album: 2011’s Showroom of Compassion, which, according to AllMusic.com, was recorded in a studio powered exclusively by solar energy
- New Politics’s sound: a little bit pop, a little bit punk, and highly danceable, all by way of their native Copenhagen
- Big Data’s first big hit: the electro-pop gem “Dangerous,” which hit No. 1 on Billboard’s Alternative Songs chart before their debut album was even released
- Flagship’s superpower: creating rock tracks that are as intricate as they are otherworldly, thanks to the efforts of Charlotte-based members Drake Margolnick and Michael Finster
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 6, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Not redeemable on mobile app. Use for admission at Uptown Amphitheatre on 6/6/2015. Refundable only on day of purchase. Doors open 1 hour before showtime. Merchant reserves the right to substitute closer seat assignment. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Holder assumes all risk in connection with the event and releases Groupon and its affiliates, Live Nation, the venue and their affiliates from any related claims. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.