- $14 for two tickets to see 2013 Singing Christmas Tree (up to $28 value)
- Where: Life Center Church
- Seating: best available
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.<p>
Dates and Times
- Friday, December 6, at 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 15, at 7 p.m.<p>
2013 Singing Christmas Tree
For their 51st annual celebration, roughly 175 carolers, dancers, musicians, performers, set designers, and workshop elves combine holiday music with theatre and visual spectacle for The Singing Christmas Tree: Christmas in Toyland. Nearly 100,000 twinkling bulbs light a fir-shaped choir stand, whose human-shaped branches sing classic carols such as “O Holy Night,” “Hark! the Herald Angels Sing,” and “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.” While a full orchestra joins in to help warm heart-cockles, actors and actresses perform an inspirational story of sentient toys.
A Tacoma tradition since its first production in 1963, The Singing Christmas Tree at Life Center Church has evolved from a relatively simple conical choir dressed in red and white to an extravagantly colorful affair decked in thousands of lights. Embodying festive joy and the nearly universal desire to be covered in pine needles, the show changes and grows every year.<p>