- $24 for two tickets to the 2014 BANFF Mountain Film Festival Radical Reels Tour (up to $40 value)
- When: Thursday, September 25, at 6 p.m.
- Where: California Theatre, Berkeley, CA
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
2014 BANFF Mountain Film Festival Radical Reels Tour
Presented in association with National Geographic and Bergans of Norway, the Radical Reels Tour is an adrenaline-pumping short-film festival tracking top-tier skiing, boarding, cycling, skateboarding, and kayaking. Take a look at the Berkeley leg of this tour, presented by the nonprofit Snowlands Network:
- Arrival: the newest talent on the mountain-biking scene showcase diverse styles, shot by similarly up-and-coming photographers
- Be the Trail: in five minutes, mountain biker Logan Tacoma undergoes a transformation—no longer does he ride the trail, he becomes the trail
- Beyond the Drop: six world-class kayakers ply the sapphire waters of the Agua Azul in search of waterfalls, despite the warnings of TLC
- Dream Lines IV: some of the top athletes in the new sport of wingsuit flying explore the skies of France and Switzerland
- Ghost Town: British Columbia is peppered with ghost towns abandoned after the Gold Rush died down, and 150 years later, three skiers seek their own fortune
- Off-Width Outlaw: Pamela Shanti Pack practices crack climbing, where athletes inch up the face of a mountain by wedging their bodies into a fissure in the rock
- The Sensei: a 20-something Texas climber travels to Japan to train with international master Yuji Hirayama, where some tensions arise between the Eastern and Western styles and the young and old athletes
- Supervention: skiers balance joy and terror as they rush down massive mountains and brutal rail slides amid sweeping Norwegian vistas
2113 Kittredge Street
Berkeley, CA 94704Get Directions