- $24 for two tickets to the 2014 BANFF Mountain Film Festival Radical Reels Tour (up to $40 value)
- When: Thursday, September 25, at 6 p.m.
- Where: California Theatre, Berkeley, CA
- General admission
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
2014 BANFF Mountain Film Festival Radical Reels Tour
Presented in association with National Geographic and Bergans of Norway, the Radical Reels Tour is an adrenaline-pumping short-film festival tracking top-tier skiing, boarding, cycling, skateboarding, and kayaking. Take a look at the Berkeley leg of this tour, presented by the nonprofit Snowlands Network:
- Arrival: the newest talent on the mountain-biking scene showcase diverse styles, shot by similarly up-and-coming photographers
- Be the Trail: in five minutes, mountain biker Logan Tacoma undergoes a transformation—no longer does he ride the trail, he becomes the trail
- Beyond the Drop: six world-class kayakers ply the sapphire waters of the Agua Azul in search of waterfalls, despite the warnings of TLC
- Dream Lines IV: some of the top athletes in the new sport of wingsuit flying explore the skies of France and Switzerland
- Ghost Town: British Columbia is peppered with ghost towns abandoned after the Gold Rush died down, and 150 years later, three skiers seek their own fortune
- Off-Width Outlaw: Pamela Shanti Pack practices crack climbing, where athletes inch up the face of a mountain by wedging their bodies into a fissure in the rock
- The Sensei: a 20-something Texas climber travels to Japan to train with international master Yuji Hirayama, where some tensions arise between the Eastern and Western styles and the young and old athletes
- Supervention: skiers balance joy and terror as they rush down massive mountains and brutal rail slides amid sweeping Norwegian vistas
“Fun events always when Banff maintain film involved! Raffle at intermission with useful gear too.”
“Such a great film festival and good environment to see such movies in”
2113 Kittredge Street
Berkeley, CA 94704Get Directions