What You'll Get
Most of us aren’t meant to stay in one place for long, much like sharks or shark researchers. Dive into some fun with this deal.
- $30 for a weekend-pass package to a NASCAR Nationwide race, ARCA racing, and concert (a $55 value)
- When: Friday, July 18, and Saturday, July 19
- Where: Chicagoland Speedway
- Schedule: available here
- Seating: Turn 1 or 4 in sections H–J, plus infield fan zone access
- Door time: 2 p.m. door time on Friday to watch practice, with concert area opening at 7:30 p.m.; 12 p.m. door time for Saturday races
- Click here to view the seating chart.
The package includes the following:
- One ticket to Collective Soul and Switchfoot concert on Friday night at 8 p.m. at Champions Park
- Pre-race access victory lane, tech inspection viewing area, and pit boxes
- Infield viewing of ARCA and NASCAR qualifying races, beginning at 1:30 p.m. on Saturday
This Groupon deal is for the purchase of a NASCAR Nationwide Series race ticket. The concert performance is included with the race ticket.
The concert begins Friday night at 8 p.m. in Champions Park, where the rocking melodies of Collective Soul and Switchfoot sound the starting gun for a weekend of revelry and rubber-burning racing. The NASCAR Nationwide Series race begins at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night, the culmination of a full day of qualifying.
The Scouting Report
The 18th race of the NASCAR Nationwide Series takes off on Saturday, July 19, at Chicagoland Speedway—but only after 24 hours packed with preliminary races and weekend revelry. The night before, a concert double-billed by Collective Soul—who’ve unleashed a bevy of chart-topping hits in their 20-year career—and Switchfoot—whose album “Hello Hurricane” won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Album in 2011—kicks off the weekend off with a sonic assault of toe-tapping jams. Then, on Saturday, spectators can take in hours of qualifying races before the main event. As sundown approaches, the Nationwide drivers will pull up to the startling line, chomping at the steering wheel to improve their standings in the year-long series.
Amid the echoes of squealing tires and humming engines, the grandstands barely have a moment to enjoy any silence. That’s because the Chicagoland Speedway plays host to big ticket racing events such as the NASCAR Nationwide and Sprint Series and the ARCA Racing Series. The grandstands reach up to 15 stories tall—the same height as the Navy Pier Ferris Wheel—giving spectators unencumbered views of its 1.5-mile, D-shaped tri-oval track and any pixelated frogs that try to cross it.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 19, 2014. Limit 8 per person. Redeem starting 7/18 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Chicagoland Speedway. Refundable only on day of purchase. Must purchase together to sit together. Discount reflects Raceway Associates' current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Practice from 2p-7pm; concert gates open at 7:30pm. For ADA accommodations, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.