What You'll Get
- Houston Int’l Jazz Fest presents The Down-Beat Kick-Off Party
- When: Friday, July 31, at 6 p.m.
- Where: Music World Music Entertainment Complex
- General-admission standing
- Door time: 5 p.m.
- $15 for one ticket (up to $26.62 value)
- $25 for two tickets (up to $36.87 value)
- What It Is: the annual kick-off party to the Houston Int’l Jazz Fest, a festival born 25 years ago to help support underserved student musicians within the community.
- What to Expect: live bands, a burlesque host, art exhibits, a DJ, and educational jazz and art exhibits plus cuisine, spirits and beer, and complimentary margaritas in a large complex with both inside and outside venues and stages
- This year’s theme: “Honoring Tradition and Shaping the Future”, creating a broadened perspective on jazz by exploring its inspiration and influence on genres including blues, electronic, and rock
- Sponsors include: Music World Music Entertainment, TeQava Tequila/Margarita, Resignation Brewery – KCCO Beer, Houston Arts Alliance, Texas Commission on the Arts, KTSU Radio 90.9 FM, KOCH, Houston TV, Fox TV, Comcast Community Partners, Lightnin’ Records, and Eugot Entertainment.
- Event admission includes: complimentary margaritas from Teqava for every couple’s ticket, as well as tickets to Teqava’s festival in October
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jul 31, 2015. Limit 2/person. Valid only for option purchased. Subject to availability. Redeem on 7/31 for a ticket at venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects merchant's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Ticket value includes all fees. Must be 21+ to consume alcohol. Food and beverages other than water are not allowed. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Blankets and chairs are allowed for camping on the lawn. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.