- 2nd Arizona Sketch Festival
- When: June 26–28
- General admission
- Door time: 30 minutes before showtime
- Ticket values include all fees.
- $20 for 2 tickets (up to $40 value)
- $40 for 4 tickets (up to $80 value)
- $100 for 10 tickets (up to $200 value)
Locations and Showtimes
- Speakeasy Comedy Lounge on Thursday, June 26, at 7:30 p.m.
- Outliars Comedy Club Mesa on Friday, June 27, at 7:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.
- Outliars Comedy Club Glendale on Saturday, June 28, at 7:30 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.
2nd Arizona Sketch Festival Featuring Matt Griffo
Continuing their successful series of comedy-showcasing festivals, Outliars invites a host of skilled performers to participate in a three-day celebration of sketch comedy. Headlining the festivities is Chicago-based comedian Matt Griffo, who combines his blistering ukulele skills and nimble keyboarding fingers with an equally agile wit for evenings of musical laughs. A founding cast member of the Musical Improv House Ensemble at Chicago’s legendary Second City, Griffo moves effortlessly from hilariously deadpan monologues to raucous self-penned songs such as “My Racist Grandpa” or “This is a Generic Country Song.”
Outliars Comedy Club
After extensive training with the improv greats of Chicago’s Second City, Annoyance Theatre, and Improv Olympic (iO), Dave Thurston returned to his native Arizona to coach Outliars Comedy Club. Through long- and short-form scenes crafted on the spot, the troupe spreads a love of spontaneity and imagination. Under Thurston’s guidance, they hit funny bones with off-the-cuff plots and games fueled by audience suggestions, following just a handful of rules, according to the East Valley Tribune: no blue language, no people bashing, no drug references, and no sexual connotations. What’s left is fun, clean characters behaving in unexpected ways.
Outliars Comedy Club Glendale in the Renaissance Resort
9495 W Coyotes Blvd.
Glendale, AZ 85305