All reviews are from people who have redeemed deals with this merchant.
What You'll Get
Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this deal.
- Admission to the 37th Annual Telluride Jazz Festival
- When: Friday, August 2–Sunday, August 4
- Where: Telluride Town Park
- Seating: general admission. Audience members may bring lawn chairs and blankets.
- Door time: Friday, August 2 at 12:30 p.m. The campground opens at 12 p.m. on Thursday, August 1.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the festival schedule.<p>
- Three-day pass with extras package includes the following per person: a three-day pass for all Town Park Stage performances (up to a $115 value), two glasses of red wine (a $14 value), and a choice of either a vintage festival poster or a CD of past festival artists (up to a $25 value).
- Three-day pass with tent camping package includes the following per person: a three-day pass for all Town Park Stage performances (up to a $115 value), and a pass for tent camping for up to four nights (a $55 value).
- Click here to view a list of available package options.<p>
Friday, August 2
The Motet performs “1+1+1=3” in 2012
The weekend kicks off at 1 p.m. with the New Sound Underground Band Contest Winner, followed by a set from leaders and alumni of the Telluride Allstars, the festival’s educational arm for remarkable student musicians. John Scofield’s Überjam band, Nigel Hall Band, and The Motet also take the stage, layering salsa, samba, and funk influences with techno rhythms to create a thankfully mayonnaise-free sandwich. Friday’s festivities include a complimentary spirits tasting.
####Saturday, August 3
Dr. Lonnie Smith plays a live solo
Highlights from Saturday’s jam-packed roster include a set from the Telluride Festival’s 2013 guest of honor, Dr. Lonnie Smith. An organist whose career spans more than half a century, appearances on over 70 albums, and heaps of evidence that organs can, in fact, be cool, [Jazz Times](http://gr.pn/159ZlBB) describes Smith as “a phenomenal B3 burner who can light up a room with visceral intensity or lay down some of the nastiest funk ever played on an organ.” The day closes out with a performance by legendary bassist Stanley Clarke, winner of the 2010 [Grammy Award](http://gr.pn/RJ5yXT) for Best Contemporary Jazz Album. Festival-goers may also partake of a complimentary wine tasting.
####Sunday, August 4
Stooges Brass Band performs “Wind It Up” in 2012
Sunday takes ears and their attached audience members on a sonic journey to The Big Easy. New Orleans groups Mike Dillon Band, The Stooges Brass Band, New Orleans Suspects, and Galactic pack the schedule. After leading the festival’s annual parade down Colorado Avenue, The Stooges Brass Band bring their spirited sound to the Town Park Stage for an energetic, characteristically NOLA set bursting with bold horns and sweltering rhythms.
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 1, 2013. Limit 5 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem before 7/31/13 for a ticket by phone. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Telluride Jazz Festival. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Box office opens at 10am on 8/2/13. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Must be 18+. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.