What You'll Get
Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this GrouponLive deal.
- General admission to the 38th Annual Telluride Jazz Festival
- When: Friday, August 1, through Sunday, August 3
- Where: Telluride Town Park
- Door time: the box office opens at 10 a.m. on August 1; campers can access the campground starting 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 31
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Audience members may bring lawn chairs and blankets.
- Click here to view the festival lineup.
- $141 for two three-day passes (up to $282 value)
- $282 for four three-day passes (up to $564 value)
- $196 for two three-day passes and tent camping for two (up to $392 value)
- $392 for four three-day passes and tent camping for four (up to $784 value)
38th Annual Telluride Jazz Festival
Notes ring throughout a field surrounded by the San Juan Mountains, providing a picturesque backdrop for audiences lounging in chairs or atop nature’s chair: grass. Sunshine adds its warmth to tunes throughout the day, while at night, visitors explore additional sets at venues throughout town. A yearly parade brings the weekend to its jubilant peak as bands wind down Colorado Avenue toward the Town Park Stage. Here are a few of the acts that'll appear.
- Poncho Sanchez: The festival's guest of honor has been a fixture of the Latin jazz scene for more than 30 years and has hit the skins alongside Chano Pozo and Dizzy Gillespie, but he earned his Grammy on his own with 2000's live album, Latin Soul.
- Lettuce: Over the past 20 years, this Brooklyn-based funk septet has earned cult followings from Chicago to Tokyo with their high-energy live shows, their tight rhythms, and their three rocking studio albums.
- Dragon Smoke: The way Dragon Smoke got its start was completely unplanned—four souls thrown together in the New Orleans Jazz Fest Superjam—but their mix of soul, funk, and R&B ended up working wonders with not one, but two lead singers.
- Claudia Villela: Jazz runs through Claudia Villela's five-octave range, but by listening closely you might catch a pinch of the samba and bossanova rhythms that reflect her native Brazil.
- Jon Cleary: The brightness and bustle of New Orleans sparkles in the piano stylings of Jon Cleary, but the bayou-trained musician was born in England. A mercenary keyboard who goes where the opportunity is, he's been touring since 1999 with Bonnie Raitt, who called him "the ninth wonder in the world."
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Aug 4, 2014. Limit 5 per person. Valid only for option purchased. Reservation required by phone by 7/11/14. Redeem starting 8/1/14 for a ticket at venue box office. Must show valid ID matching name on voucher at Telluride Jazz Festival. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Telluride Jazz Festival's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Box office opens at 10 a.m. on 8/1/14. Must be 18+. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.