What You'll Get
- $12 for two single-day tickets to the 3rd Annual Baygrass Bluegrass Festival (up to $24 value)
- When: Sunday, January 18, at 11 a.m.
- Where: Founders Park
- General admission
- Door time: 10 a.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
3rd Annual Baygrass Bluegrass Festival
- Mr. Sun with Tony Trischka: Composed of Grammy nominated fiddler Darol Anger, Flatpicking Guitar Magazine cover-maker Grant Gordy, and Joe Walsh (the mandolin master, not the Eagle), this power-trio romps through Americana sounds with accompaniment from banjo master Tony Trischka.
- Mike Compton: A former protégé of Bill Monroe—the Father of Bluegrass himself—Mike Compton has lent his crackerjack mandolin to the soundtrack of Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Grandpa’s Cough Medicine: This atypical outlaw bluegrass trio eschews gospel themes, front-porch grinnin’, and lengthy on-stage discussions about the weather for macabre lyricism and Pantera-style aggression. Their album Jailbird Blues was named one of the Top 10 Local Albums of 2011 by The Florida Times-Union.
- The Doerfels with Angelica Grim: Five talented brothers bursting with youthful energy bring to the festival their adrenalized mix of traditional and electric bluegrass, a banjo fashioned from a hockey stick, and guest vocals from a former California Bluegrass Association Teen Ambassador.
- Amanda and Scott Anderson Band: Scott Anderson keeps swampy Scruggs rolls dancing down the banjo while his daughter delivers sweet fiddle lines and buttermilk vocals a la Alison Krauss.
- Other Notable Acts: Old Virginia Bluegrass Band | The Short Straw Pickers | The Wynwoods | Alligator Alley | Nick and Kris
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jan 18, 2015. Limit 8 per person. Redeem on 1/18 for a ticket at venue entrance. Must show valid ID matching name on Groupon at Founders Park. Refundable only on day of purchase. Discount reflects Islamorada Community Entertainment's current ticket prices-price may differ on day of the event. Doors open at 10 a.m. For ADA seating, call box office promptly upon receipt of voucher - availability is limited. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.