Smooth jazz is the sound of sophistication, unlike rough jazz, which is the sound of Louis Armstrong blasting chili out of his trumpet. Lend your ear to upscale scales with this GrouponLive deal.
- $22 for one G-Pass to one evening of the 4th Annual Uptown Charlotte Jazz Fest (up to a $44.35 value)
- Where: Uptown Amphitheatre at NC Music Factory
- Section: general admission on the lawn
- Door time: One hour prior to showtime.
- Ticket values include all fees.<p>
- Friday, June 21, at 7 p.m. – Under the Stars I
- Saturday, June 22, at 7 p.m. – Under the Stars II
- Click here to view the scheduled performers for both evenings.<p>
**How G-Pass Works:** Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.<p>
4th Annual Uptown Charlotte Jazz Fest
**Brian Culbertson – "On My Mind" Live**
* Headlining on Friday: Brian Culbertson * Inspiration for Brian Culbertson's 2013 album _Dream_: dreams * Not a dream, just seems like one: Saturday's headliners, supergroups BWB and Sax in the City, each made up of a trio of jazz luminaries * Who you know in BWB: trumpeter Rick Braun, saxophonist Kirk Whalum, and guitarist Norman Brown * Who you know in Sax in the City: Marion Meadows, Paul Taylor, and Vincent Ingala * Differences between Sax in the City and HBO's _Sex and the City_: fewer brunches * Hometown heroes: 5th and York, a sextet named for a street corner in Charlotte's outskirts * Saxophonist Euge Groove's birth name: Steven Eugene Grove * Guitarist Peter White's birth name: Peter White, but spoken with a British accent