What You'll Get
- $30 for a one-day general-admission ticket (up to $49.73 value)
- Friday, May 26, at 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, May 27, at 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 28, at 5 p.m.
Black Pearl Music Festival
- Bobby Rush (Friday): He joined the Chicago blues circuit in the 1950s alongside the likes of Howlin’ Wolf and Muddy Waters. He’s topped the charts several times, including with his first hit “Chicken Heads” in 1971, and in 2015, he was inducted into the Rhythm & Blues Music Hall of Fame.
- Midnight Star (Saturday): The ’80s were never short on funk thanks to this group’s string of R&B chart-toppers, including “Operator,” “No Parking on the Dance Floor,” and the breakdance jam “Freak-A-Zoid.**
- Zapp (Saturday): This Ohio funk force pioneered the G-funk genre—which added talkbox and an electronic tinge to funk music—with the hit “More Bounce to the Ounce.”
- Pierre Edwards (Sunday): With a 500-horsepower motormouth and a daring tongue, he has scorched the comedy landscape with fervid wit for more than two decades. In his standup act, Pierre shows off the flair that slayed audiences on BET’s Comic View and Def Comedy Jam.
- Full festival lineup
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires May 28, 2017. Limit 8/person. Valid only for option purchased. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.