- One ticket to a 5K bull run hosted by the Gainesville Roller Rebels
- When: Saturday, July 25, at 7:15 p.m.
- Where: Tioga Town Center
- Note: 5K participants are asked to wear white shirts, as the Rebels will be “slashing” those they catch with red markers.
- $15 for one regular ticket, which includes two beer tickets, event t-shirt, and admission to the after party ($30 value)
- $40 for one VIP ticket, which includes three beer tickets, event t-shirt, admission to the after party, a reserved parking spot, a souvenir bandana, and a bull run beer mug ($85 value)
Gainesville Roller Rebels 5K Bull Run
On July 25, the Gainesville Roller Rebels will strap on skates, pads, and helmets just like they do for their roller derby bouts. Only this time, they’ll also be wearing all red and their helmets will be affixed with bull horns. That evening, the league’s players will transform into snarling, fleet-footed bulls during a bull-run-themed 5K. Brandishing red markers, they’ll chase participants through the town of Tioga in a mad-dash scene reminiscent of Spain’s famous bull runs or whenever a neighbor announces he’s grilled extra hamburgers. At the end of the run, everyone can gather at the finish line to celebrate their accomplishment with photos, prizes, and more at the post-race party.
Gainesville Roller Rebels
As Gainesville’s first and only competitive women’s flat-track roller derby league, the Gainesville Roller Rebels were founded in 2007 by Catherine Seeman, a.k.a. Ms. Rebel. In January 2013, GRR became a full member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association (WFTDA), and currently, the league boasts two home teams as well as a traveling all-star team. Aside from providing the community with hard-hitting, family friendly entertainment on the track, the Roller Rebels stay active off the track, too, by supporting a wide variety of charitable organizations through their fundraising efforts and volunteering.