What You'll Get
- $15 for one general-admission ticket (up to $29.87 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart.
- The name: Because his birth name doesn’t make for much of a DJ moniker, young Matthew Shafer was christened Uncle Kracker by his childhood BFF and fellow Detroit legend …
- Kid Rock: Rock also taught his pal how to rap, turntable, and work a crowd, and gave Kracker his star-making gig as DJ, collaborator, and scene-stealer in his Twisted Brown Trucker Band.
- The breakout: After Kid Rock’s The History of Rock went multi-platinum, Uncle Kracker used the momentum (and his natural talents as a songwriter) to release his double-platinum solo debut, Double Wide, featuring the #1 hit “Follow Me.”
- The transition: After that rap-rock debut, Mr. Kracker began to explore his mellower side with his 2002 cover of Dobie Gray’s “Drift Away” (which set a Billboard record by staying atop the Adult Contemporary charts for 28 weeks). By 2012, he’d gone full-blown country boy with Midnight Special.
- Fun fact: The chorus line of “Drift Away” is actually “gimme the beat boys and free my soul,” not, “gimme the Beach Boys.” It’s a common mistake, and the reason so many Beach Boys are returned for refunds after Christmas.
- What to expect: a journey through the metamorphic stages of Uncle Kracker that he says is “meant to be a party, and I want everybody involved. Each time we go on stage, I want people to leave smiling.”
The Fine Print
Promotional value expires Jun 22, 2017. Limit 8/person. Redeem on day of show for a ticket at the venue box office. Refundable only on day of purchase. Merchant is issuer of tickets - discount reflects current ticket prices, which may change. ADA seating cannot be guaranteed; contact box office prior to purchase for availability. Ticket value includes all fees. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and services.