Music is the soundtrack to our lives—from the ballad you slow-danced to at senior prom to the ballad you slowly walked home alone to. Remember the good times with this GrouponLive deal.
- $26 for one G-Pass to 60's Rock-N-Remember (up to a $53.25 value)
- When: Sunday, October 27, at 4 p.m.
- Where: Akron Civic Theatre
- Seating: middle balcony
- Door time: 3 p.m.
- Ticket values include all fees.
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won't need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app.
- The lineup: Herman's Hermits with Peter Noone, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, and Dennis Tufano of The Buckinghams
- The age Peter Noone began performing as Herman: 15
- Herman's Hermits' heftiest hits: "I'm Into Something Good," "I'm Henry VIII, I Am," "There's A Kind of Hush," "Mrs. Brown, You've Got a Lovely Daughter"
- Gary Puckett & The Union Gap favorites: "Woman, Woman," "Young Girl," "Lady Willpower"
- What Gary Puckett did after going solo in the 1970s and before reuniting with his bandmates for tours: studied acting and dance
- How you know Dennis Tufano: as the former lead singer of The Buckinghams
- The Buckinghams' genre: Sunshine Pop
- Some of their sunniest singles: "Kind of a Drag," "Hey, Baby (They're Playing Our Song)," "Susan"
E.J. Thomas Hall
Since 1973, The University of Akron's E.J. Thomas Hall has been the center of Akron's performing arts scene. The three-level facility, which occupies three acres of The University of Akron campus, boasts a massive, 44-ton movable ceiling that can shift to enclose the first or second levels. The position of the ceiling has a dramatic effect on the hall's volume and acoustics, so it is controlled by a computer precisely managing 27 counterweights. The hall's ability to transform from an intimate one-level performance space to a vast three-level concert hall allows it to host performances of a variety of sizes and styles by university students and faculty as well as the Akron Symphony Orchestra, the Tuesday Musical Association, the Children’s Concert Society, and the Akron Youth Symphony.