- $57 for one G-Pass to 80s 90s Soul Jam starring Keith Sweat (up to $73.10 value)
- When: Sunday, April 26, at 7 p.m.
- Where: Masonic Temple
- Seating: balcony section
- Door time: 6 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- Click here to view the seating chart.
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices - price may differ on day of event.
80s 90s Soul Jam starring Keith Sweat
- Keith Sweat: This innovator of New Jack Swing has been crooning his sultry brand of R&B for nearly four decades on hits such as “I Want Her,” “Make You Sweat,” and “Twisted,” the last of which landed on VH1’s 40 Greatest R&B Songs of the ’90s.
- El DeBarge: As the lead singer of R&B family group DeBarge, this captivating falsetto unleashed hits such as “Rhythm of the Night;” as a successful solo artist, he scored again with “Love Always” and the Short Circuit theme “Who’s Johnny.”
- Mint Condition: R&B with elements of jazz, rock, funk, as well as Latin and Jamaican music emanate from this group’s catalog, which includes the percussive “Breakin’ My Heart (Pretty Brown Eyes)” and the diamonds-on-velvet “What Kind of Man Would I Be.”
- Changing Faces: The ladies of Changing Faces earned renown with their R&B chart topper “G.H.E.T.T.O.U.T.” and the Space Jam jam, “All of My Days;” it probably comes as no surprise that their first sexy hits (“Stroke You Up” and “Foolin’ Around”) were written and produced by R. Kelly.
- Adina Howard: With a voice that sounds coated in clarified butter, this provocative singer first went platinum with the carnal classic “Freak Like Me” before unveiling other wanton hits such as “Nasty Grind” and “T-Shirt and Panties.”
- Whodini: The trio of Jalil Hutchins, John “Ecstasy” Fletcher, and Drew “Grandmaster Dee” Carter filled the early ’80s with memorable jams such as “Magic Wand” and “The Freaks Come Out at Night,” which they performed while escaping from straightjackets underwater.
Masonic Temple Detroit
500 Temple St.
Detroit, MI 48201